Residential Plan Review Check List
All plans shall be drawn on 1/4"=1'-0" scale.(For additions, garages/shop, decks, porches etc., must be on minimum legal size sheet using 1/4" = 1'-0" scale.) All plans shall be based on the 2018 NC Residential Code.
- Requirements for windows
- Light and ventilation in habitable rooms-All habitable rooms shall be provided with aggregate glazing area of not less than 8% of the total floor area of such room. One half of the required area of glazing shall be openable. If you do not meet these requirements, you need to note that you plan to use the exceptions found in this section.
- Must have net clear opening of 4 sq ft.
- Net clear opening height shall be 22 inches.
- Net clear opening width shall be 20 inches.
- Must have a minimum total glass area of not less than 5 sq ft on ground floor and not less than 5.7 sq ft in the case of a second story window.
- U-factor of .35 or below and solar heat gain of .30 or below.
- DP rating for doors and windows based on mean roof height - Up to 15'/DP 25, up to 25'/DP 29
- Make sure that all load bearing walls line up over another load bearing wall or proper sized girder.
- Show type, sized, grade and direction of all floor joists, ceiling joists and rafters.
- Show size of girders in floors and in ceilings. This should include steel beams, flitch plates and LVLs.
- Show location of piers.
- No reverse prints accepted. Must appear on prints as structure appears on lot.