The Wayne County Public Health Emergency Preparedness Division staff write emergency response all hazards plans, train, develop, and conduct exercises to assure that Public Health prepares for, protects against, recovers from, and mitigates all public health threats to the citizens and guests of Wayne County.
Recommended Items to Include in a Basic Emergency Supply Kit
- Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three (3) days, for drinking and sanitation.
- Food, at least a three (3) day supply of non-perishable food.
- Battery powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- First aid kit.
- Whistle to signal for help.
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air), plastic sheeting, and duct tape to shelter in place.
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags, and plastic ties for personal sanitation.
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities.
- Can opener for food (if kit contains canned food).
- Local maps