For 401(k) deductions, will I need to make any change?

If you give a percentage (%), no change is needed. However, if you give a flat amount each month, this same amount will be deducted each of the 26 pay periods. To change the amount, you will need to go through the Prudential website to update it. You may also call Prudential at 866-627-5267 then select 2 for employees. For biweekly purposes, changes to your Prudential elections do not need to be made until after March 24th. If changes are made before the full transition to bi-weekly pay, you may become ineligible to receive the county match. Again, we encourage all employees to give a percentage (%) as opposed to a flat amount. This ensures you will receive the correct match amount when increases to your pay or changes, like the biweekly pay transition, occur. 

Show All Answers

1. When will biweekly payrolls begin?
2. When will I get paid?
3. What days will I be paid for?
4. What can I do now to help with the transition of getting paid every two weeks.
5. Will I get paid the same?
6. Do I need to notify my bank?
7. What should I do about my bank drafts?
8. For Public Safety Departments, how will fluctuating overtime be paid?
9. How will part time employees be paid when we transition to biweekly payroll?
10. Will timesheets change?
11. Do I need to notify my health or benefit providers about the change from monthly to bi-weekly payrolls?
12. For Sheriff & Detention Employees, how will my pay change?
13. For 401(k) deductions, will I need to make any change?
14. For Federal and State Withholding taxes, do I need to change anything?
15. What do I need to do if I have a 401(k) or a 457 loan?