The Guardian ad Litem Program will be holding VIRTUAL training for new Guardian ad Litem Volunteers beginning Monday,October 5th, and they need the residents of Wayne County to come out and be a part of this great program. Participants will complete weekly assignments in an online classroom setting which will last a total of 6 weeks. Participants will also be required to meet each week as a group via WebEx to debrief the assignments from each week.
- Identify and advocate for the best interest of the child.
- Seek cooperative solutions by acting as a facilitator among parties.
- Provide at every hearing reports which include findings and recommendations.
- Appear at all hearings to advocate for the child’s best interests and provide testimony when necessary.
- Have regular and sufficient in-person contact with the child to ensure in-depth knowledge of the case and make fact-based recommendations to the court. The CASA/GAL volunteer shall meet in-person with the child once every thirty days at a minimum.
- Make recommendations for specific appropriate services for the child and, when appropriate, the child’s family.
- Determine if a permanent plan has been created for a child.
- Monitor implementation of service plans and court orders assuring that court ordered services are implemented in a timely manner.
To apply to become a Guardian ad Litem Volunteer please log on to www.volunteerforgal.org or call the Guardian ad Litem office at 919-722-6304.