Wayne County, NC – The Wayne County Library and Peggy M. Seegars Senior Center will be closed to the public until further notice, effective at 5:30pm today. These closings come as a result of guidance from state and local officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Wayne County Library Information
- The Friends of the Library Book Sale has been postponed with fall dates to be announced.
- In order to support online learning, the library has expanded Wi-Fi hours on the exterior of our buildings to 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. at all library locations.
- Beginning March 18, all library locations will offer curbside pickup. Patrons may place available materials on hold and call their library location to let them know they are on their way. Patrons will then call the library when they arrive and books will be delivered to their car. For everyone’s safety we ask that visitors who are showing or feeling any symptoms of illness refrain from using this service. Curbside pickup will be available from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Goldsboro and Steele Memorial library locations. For a curbside schedule at the Pikeville branch call 919-705-1892. For a curbside schedule at the Fremont branch call 919-705-1893.
- During this time, the library encourages the community to use the wide array of library resources available from home by visiting www.wcpl.org. Library patrons are able to use their library card number and PIN (the last four digits of their phone number) to access resources. All WCPS students are able to access online materials using their student ID number and the last four digits of their student ID as their PIN. Please call your library location for assistance with accessing digital resources.
Peggy M. Seegars Senior Center Information
- Nutrition participants will be contacted by WAGES to arrange meal transfers
- All activities that are scheduled have been cancelled or postponed until further notice
- The Services on Aging day respite program has been cancelled until further notice. The in-home aid program will be continued.
- Services on Aging staff remain available to answer any questions by calling 919-731-1591
Our county management team, health department, emergency management, office of emergency services, and Board of Commissioners remain dedicated to providing up to date information and open communication with our citizens.
For information on COVID-19, the Wayne County Health Department has a website available at www.waynegov.com/coronavirus.