Medicaid transportation is available to Medicaid-covered medical appointments for those who have active, full Medicaid. All beneficiaries must complete an assessment with a Wayne County Department of Social Services case worker before transportation services are provided. Requests can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, BUT NO LATER THAN three (3) business days (this excludes Saturday’s and Sunday’s) prior to the appointment date and by10AM.
Call the Transportation Line at 919-731-1095, and leave the following information:
- Type of request: Bus Tickets, Van Ride, or Gas Voucher
- First and Last Name
- Medicaid ID Recipient #
- Date and Time of Appointment
- Name of the facility or doctor’s office
- Physical Address of the doctor’s office
- Telephone number to the doctor’s office
A WCDSS Transportation Worker will call you back to make a reservation for your transportation request.