- Social Services
- Economic Services
- Adult Medicaid and Long Term Care Medicaid
Adult Medicaid and Long Term Care Medicaid
ADULT MEDICAID AND LONG TERM CARE MEDICAID PROGRAMS
Adult Medicaid is health insurance for low-income individuals, seniors, and people with disabilities. Eligibility is based on your family’s monthly income and resources that are owned. To receive Medicaid for disability or blindness, you must meet Social Security’s definition of disability or blindness. Adult Medicaid covers individuals living at home in a Private Living Arrangement (PLA) or individuals in Long Term Care (LTC) living arrangements. The Medicare Savings Program is a limited assistance Adult Medicaid program for individuals enrolled in Medicare Part A and/or Part B. The Medicare Savings Program can help pay for Medicare premiums, coinsurance, and deductibles.
Click here for more information regarding the different types of Adult Medicaid and Long Term Care Medicaid programs
APPLYING FOR ADULT MEDICAID & LONG TERM CARE PROGRAMS:
- Apply online at https://epass.nc.gov/ or print here https://dma.ncdhhs.gov/medicaid/get-started/apply-for-medicaid-or-health-choice to mail in the application.
- You may also request that an application be mailed to you by calling 919-580-4034.
- Applications can be dropped off in the Social Services mail drop box located in the parking lot of Wayne County Social Services at 301 N Herman St, Goldsboro, NC 27530.
- Apply in person at the Wayne County Dept. of Social Services located on the 2nd floor at 301 N. Herman St, Goldsboro NC. Applications are taken between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday (except holidays).
ADULT MEDICAID & LTC RECERTIFICATIONS AND CHANGES:
When information is required to complete your Adult Medicaid or Long Term Care Recertification or changes, documents must be returned by the due date on the request sent to you. Documents can be mailed in, dropped off using the DSS drop box located outside of the DSS building, dropped off at the receptionist area on the 2nd floor of the DSS building.
Report changes by calling 919-731-1022
Required verifications related to the case may be emailed to Medicaid.email@example.com.
For more information or to report Program Fraud contact: 919-580-4034